Year 2 - Changing the ending to ed
This 'Changing the ending to ed' spelling quiz tests KS1 children on words ending with ‘y’. When adding ‘ed’ to words ending with ‘y’ the letter changes to ‘i’ and then you add ‘ed’. There will be other spellings that end with ‘ed’ that are also suggested in the National Curriculum.
Did you know...
Sign up here
You can play every teacher-written quiz on our site for just £9.95 per month. Click the button to sign up or read more.
We add ‘ed’ to show something has happened in the past. You probably remember this from the quiz ‘Ending that Word’. If you add ‘ed’ to words ending in ‘y’ you change the ‘y’ for an ‘i’. Have a go at these spellings that end in ‘ed’.
To see a larger image, click on the picture.
The Tutor in Your Computer!
Quiz yourself clever - try up to five free quizzes NOW
- Immediate access to our enormous library of thousands of quizzes
- Select the five quizzes most relevant to your studies
- All questions on curriculum and written by experienced teachers
- Replay any of your free quizzes to show your parents at any time
- No subscription commitment for free quiz players